28.01.2021

Manufacturers Expect Rising Sales and Exports of Motor Caravans and Caravans

The caravanning industry has started the new year on an optimistic note despite the ongoing Corona pandemic. The majority of member companies of the industry association CIVD expects a renewed increase in sales figures in Germany in 2021 and an upturn in export business.
The mood in the caravanning industry is good, because despite Corona, business with motor caravans and caravans is flourishing. The outlook for the coming months is correspondingly positive, as a survey of members of the caravanning industry association CIVD revealed. The vast majority of vehicle manufacturers expect domestic demand to continue to rise in 2021 – although a new record was set just last year. For caravans, all manufacturers expect an increase in sales, for motor caravans it is “only” 87 percent. The remaining 13 percent expect a result at the level of the record previous year and no manufacturer expects a decline.

Exports should rise again

As far as exports of leisure vehicles are concerned, manufacturers suffered losses in 2020. But the majority of the industry expects more vehicles to leave the factories for foreign countries again in the future. In the export business with caravans, 55 percent of the companies expect increases in 2021. Just under half of the companies expect exports at the level of 2020. Two thirds of the CIVD members forecast increasing exports of motor caravans. 33 percent expect foreign business to remain constant. That fewer vehicles will be exported is, therefore, not assumed for either vehicle segment.

“Last year, the Corona pandemic significantly reduced output in production due to temporary plant closures and faltering supply chains,” explains Daniel Onggowinarso, Managing Director of the caravanning industry association CIVD. “We assume that we will be able to increase the production volume again in 2021 and, thus, meet the enormously high demand for motor caravans and caravans in Germany and almost all parts of Europe,” says Onggowinarso confidently.

Media Centre by-studio / Adobe DOWNLOAD

28.01.2021

Manufacturers Expect Rising Sales and Exports of Motor Caravans and Caravans Find out more

28.01.2021

12.5 Billion Euros - Record Turnover for German Caravanning Industry Find out more

28.01.2021

Corona Pandemic Hampers Production of Motor Caravans and Caravans Find out more

28.01.2021

Manufacturers Expect Rising Sales and Exports of Motor Caravans and Caravans Find out more

28.01.2021

12.5 Billion Euros - Record Turnover for German Caravanning Industry Find out more

28.01.2021

Corona Pandemic Hampers Production of Motor Caravans and Caravans Find out more

Marketing & Public Relations



Marc Dreckmeier
Director Marketing & PR
Tel: +49 69-704039-18
marc.dreckmeier@civd.de

 



Daniel Rätz
Marketing & PR Manager
Tel: + 49 69-704039-28
Mobile: +49 152 08921101
daniel.raetz@civd.de

Contact

Caravaning Industry Association e.V.

Hamburger Allee 14
60486 Frankfurt am Main
Germany